Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Federal Crime

Something is going on lately while i was selling my phone. I put an ad at craiglist to see if somebody would want it. And then, there are quite few emailed me saying they would buy it and blah blah..I responded one of these email and i thought the guy that i am responded to has a real intention. Obviously, he's not. He is a scammer.

Here is his email:


  • Hello... I really appreciate your response to my mail.I want you to consider it sold, pls i want you to go and remove the advert from craigslist to avoid disturbance.I want you to know that i will be paying via certified check .I will need you to provide me the following information to facilitate the mailing of the check 1.....Full name to write on the check 2.....Full Physical address to post the check 3.....Home & Cell Phone to contact you**I will like you to know that you will not be responsible for shipping
    i will have my mover come over as soon as you have cashed the
    check** Thanks


What i did? I emailed him back giving my information where he can send me a certified check (as what he said) and at the same time i took off the ad from craiglist. Then the next morning i got another email from him.

  • Hi,

    Thanks for getting back to me.....And thank you for your information, so you will receive the payment as soon as possible ..pls you can email my shipper for the pick-up and tell them the time for pick-up okay here is there email (companydelivery_2009@uymail.com) so get back to me when you receive the payment


The same day he sent me an email, this time i was confident that this guy is playing games. But i still i ask him if he really interested and if not i will put the ad back at craiglist. But i never waited him to reply instead i put the ad back and ignored him.


  • Hello,
    Thanks so much for the info,i will like to let you know that the deal is still on and the payment would be sent via FeDEx or UPS Courier Service and the item will be picked up as soon as you receive the payment,and get payment cashed.Then will instruct the shipper to get in contact with you for the pick up schedule time and date.I will like to tell you that would be sending a payment worth of $2550 to cover the shipment of the items bought and other items that am buying,Because,i might not be on hand when the payment arrives,as am going for my business trips,So as soon as you receive the check have it cashed and deduct your money for the item and send the remaining funds to the shipper via Western Union or Money Gram money transfer.My shipper is also picking some of other items at the same city of yours,that is why you need to transfer the amount to the shipper same day you receive the payment.you will have to deduct $100 for your running around that I have caused you during the transaction period.Please let me know if i can trust you on this so we can move forward from here.and i will like you to remove the advert on CL and also keep other buyer off,Do get back to me asap.Ok Regards
    .


The other day i got an email from him saying that the payment ( certified check) has been delivered thru UPS. He give me the tracking number and then the following day i got it. As what we expected the check was fake. It was like a regular paper he made it from his own computer and a printed signature at the bottom and guess what? the money is shocking. Its got 2,150 USD which is wayyy too far from what my item costs.


SO, i emailed him saying im going to send the money and the phone next day after i cash-in the check and so, i need his contact number before i sent money thru western union. Of course, i wanna know where is this idiot exactly came from. From where he was sending the mail was from Oakland, CA but the information he gave me to wire the money to him is to Parksmouth, OH while the so-called certified check was from Connecticut.

  • Greetings to you,
    I just received confirmation from my secretary with the UPS tracking
    information#(1ZV3Y5920196789963)that the check is in transit to you and you will recieve the check today And The amount on the check issued to you included Shipping and Insurance charges of the items that I bought from you and those other items that i have all around for the mover to pick up for me.Pls my secretary think that i instruct her to issue out the shipper's fund include your money pls i want you to bear with me for the listake my secretary made about the payment pls Immediately when you receive the payment, deduct your money, for the N95 nokia phone (Unlocked) - $200 (Manchester), then deduct extra $50 for your running expenses and wire the rest to my Shipping Agent via Moneygram.
    Here is the Shipping Agent information you will wire the money to
    NAME....Edward Thompson
    ADDRESS...108 Glover St
    CITY......Portsmouth,
    STATE....OH
    ZIP CODE...45662

    Then get back to me the following information
    Senders First and Last Name
    Refrence 8 Digits Number
    Amount sent after MoneyGram Charges
    The exact time you want Shipping agent to come for the pick up of the item
    Then map-quest to your location

After emailed him asking his phone number i never heard him. Surprisingly, somebody send me an email and kinda wondering how this guy know my email address.

  • Hi
    KennethSmith and
    Tony Fred is a Fraud and scammer- Somehow I get emails sent to him in my email account but it is not me.
    He or a similar person doing the same thing also goes by Kennethsmith.... which is not me either (although I have the same name) Neither of them are in your State and just today I recieved 30 email responses such as yours from all over the country for the same question on a CL item...

    He will then send an email similar to the once below... and will then want to send you a big check and have you have the item picked up by a company and send money back to him via western union...

    Do NOT FALL FOR THIS...
I know better than that. I responded him saying "my husband is working at the federal prison and he is working with this guy too. So goodluck to him"

And by the way, the scammer is using these emails (<kennethsmith11@gmail.com> and (tony fred tonyfred001@gmail.com ). If any of you got the same trick, ignore them. They are time-waste.

1 comments:

PinayWAHM said...

Hi Chary...

Ang dami talagang crooks ano? I hope the other people he's trying to scam also got the same warning letter from the guy that warned you.

Hopping here to say hi...

Juliana