Sunday, October 31, 2010

Church kickball league

Guest post written by Edith Barney

Back when I first started going to my church about 20 years ago, there was a really active church softball league that all of the area churches had a team for, no matter what the denomination was for each church. But that league eventually dwindled down, even though people seemed to be interested in doing some other kind of inter-church activity. So as the head of the WMU at our church, I came up with a great idea to start a church kickball team league.

I consulted all the resources with my wireless internet that I could find online and sent out some emails to the ladies that I knew at other churches and then some that I didn't know either. After I put out the feelers it seemed like everyone was really eager to do it.

The kickball league is going to be so great once we get it going in the spring. I've made up a lot of rules for it, like youth can participate, and I think that it will be a great success in the community.

0 comments: