Friday, November 16, 2007

Spaghetti


It's hubby's days off! Everybody was busy doing something REALLY important. Hubby and his little boy Kyle was playing video games while i was busy in my blog. Everybody was eagerly anticipating to eat something good for a dinner. I went downstairs to fix me something to eat. I was thinking to cook a frozen okra that i bought. But when my hubby saw me going to the kitchen he requested me to cook an spaghetti my style. I cook this once before and seems that he liked it so much.

Here's how I cook spaghetti, my style:
ingredients:
garlic minced
onions chopped
bell pepper diced
salt
sugar
tomato paste
tomato sauce
laurel leaves
regular hotdogs (diagonally sliced)
ground beef/pork
spaghetti noodles
water
grated cheese
cooking oil


*Cook spaghetti noodles for about 10 mins. accrding to pack instruction. Put a little bit of salt and cooking oil in it.
*While cooking the spaghetti noodles, saute garlic and onions with cooking oil in a pan
*Add ground beef/pork, hotdogs,bell pepper, laurel and water. Boil and let simmer for about 8 to 10 mins.
*Then add tomato sauce, tomato paste, salt and sugar. simmer for another 6-8mins.
*Mix the cooked spaghetti noodles and spaghetti sauce
*Spinkle a grated cheese at the top and serve.

1 comments:

Jazevox said...

thanks for this recipe, i used to cook spaghetti with similar ingredients in the phils

but when i got here in US, we just buy the bottled spag sauce ready to use (like Ragu), just add ground beef and noodles, wanna try the traditional way again..