Monday, July 5, 2010

I Am A Woman Who Lives Alone

Thanks to Heather Bernard for the guest post.

As a woman who lives alone safety has always been an issue. I live in a low income area of town in a small townhouse. I work fifty + hours a week so even my neighbors are pretty much strangers to me. I had always been extremely apprehensive about owning any sort of firearm but I finally decided that it was the best thing for me.

I bought a small pistol which I keep in my bedroom nightstand. I took classes and visited the shooting range regularly in order to get used to shooting it. So if I ever happened to need it I would know how to safely use it. Of course, the truth is, I hope I never have to use my gun. For that reason, last winter, I decided to install an adt alarm system.

When I first moved out on my own I had a hard time sleeping at night, every little noise would wake me up. Now I sleep soundly at night knowing that I am protected from intruders. If an intruder manages to get past the front door, which won't be likely, I always have my gun.

0 comments: