Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Dating in a New City

Guest blog post from Wiley Jergans

I have been debating how to meet new people in Miami. There are a bunch of websites and I've been going through them one by one. I know who I am on the inside as well as the outside, so I'm looking someone like me on these sites. There are so many options these days - everything from just friends to dating to people looking for marriage. I admit at that at 26 I'm starting to think about marriage. My best friend from High School has already married, had two kids, and is now divorced. Audrey's the reason I moved from Jacksonville to Miami - I've rented an apartment in her building and will be helping out. Not that I'm planning to advertise that little fact to anyone I'm dating. I don't want him to think that I'm desperate to have kids of my own.

Audrey's kids, Aaron and Andrea, are cute, but really rambunctious. My apartment is right above Audrey's, so she doesn't have to worry about noise from above. Since Audrey has an alarm system, I signed up for home security service through Home Alarm Systems as well. I've also told Audrey that I'll watch the kids when she goes out on dates. With all that is going on, maybe I'll wait a few months before I start dating.

0 comments: