Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Summer Safety Tips For Kids

The article written by Michael Mason

One of the most important tips I tell my kids when they leave the house is to buckle their helmet. I don't know how many times they would tell me how uncool it was. When I worked full time, it was always the same thing. I would tell them when they left the house to go and ride their bikes, they were to set the families adt alert house alarm, wear their helmet and always leave a note or better yet call me to let me know where they were at. Children are ebtitled to have as much fun in the Summer, but it doesn't mean that rules can go out the window.

The helmet is the most important thing to me when it comes to the safety of my child. I don't know how many times I've seen either my child or neighbors child that I know crossing the streets without looking. Nor can I even count how many cars I see speeding down my street at ridiculous speeds. Explain to your child that the helmet may be the only thing protecting them from death.

0 comments: